Friday 31 October 2008

tidying up

I've spent all week cleaning and tidying stuff. There seems no end to the waste paper a family can generate. Not to mention other stuff - out of date packets of semolina and glace cherries, guarantees and packaging for things you don't even possess any more, six types of mismatched glass tumblers, redundant cables and keyboards, souvenirs whose provenance you don't even remember.
I have also spring-cleaned (odd how often spring-cleaning happens in autumn) my office, my accounts, my filing system and my work projects. I'd been getting bogged down in research (so many interesting things seem important and relevant - I think I was a jackdaw in a previous life)and not really thinking what exactly I wanted to do. But once you know that, the how and the when fall into place so neatly.
I'm working on a collection of poems and short stories for the Lúcháir project while I put my notes together for Recusant and experiment with dialogue and layers of narrative and a more evolved and involved form than the one I've been used to.

No comments: