Tuesday 7 September 2010

Wherever We Live Now

Yesterday's post was, quite rightly, all about Sally and the other stellar poets at the Callander festival. However, I have some news of my own that I am just busting to tell.

My first collection, working title Wherever We Live Now, has been accepted by Red Squirrel Press and will come out about this time next year. Here you can see what I wrote about the wonder of nature (no, I hadn't submitted by then!)that is Sheila Wakefield. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be working with her and joining the line-up of marvellous poets she publishes - Eleanor Livingstone, Nalini Paul, Colin Will, Kevin Cadwallender, Colin Donati, Andy Jackson ---

I could go on, but even after four days I'm too excited to concentrate. I'd forget someone wonderful and be mortified.

All I can say is, watch this space.

5 comments:

Susan Kruse said...

Fantastic news! I am so pleased for you. Let us know where and when we can buy a copy...

Forthvalley scribe said...

Thank you, Susan. I will certainly keep everyone up to date with what's happening.

Val Grainger said...

Wow! That is fantastic, well done you!

Forthvalley scribe said...

Thank you Val!

Ruthie Redden said...

Thats wonderful newsElizabeth, congratulations, you must be so very pleased!