Wednesday 10 April 2013

Rain!

Most of the garden seems to have been in suspended animation lately.I've been looking at the rhubarb for a month, saying "Another week will do it!" with no result. On the other hand, the primroses are thickening up nicely,

and the whole spring border seems to have made a step forward.But everything was getting very dry - an odd thing, after all the rain last year - and despite the gathering cloud, the dropping pressure and the humidity, it never rained. The wind remained in the east, and it was cold.

This morning, though the wind remains easterly, it has rained - half-hearted drizzly mist at first, but now genuinely wet stuff. I've just been out to water the greenhouse, and it smells wonderful!

There's been very little gardening lately, what with the frost, my arthritis and my daughter's illness, but I've been keeping up with NaPoWriMo - more or less, and so far I've written:

  • Nettle Shirt
  • Dum Y At(haiku)
  • Ruined Abbey
  • MurmurationHaiku)
  • Opening Autumn
  • You Will Get Lost(from a prompt from Jo Bell)
  • Primroses(haiku)
  • Chant for SpringPrompted by Jo Bell, again
And the new issue of Stravaig is now online. I don't have any poetry in it, but there's an essay about my territory, and a review of last year's Dark Mountain anthology - a beautiful book, with an awful lot to say.

No comments: